The City of Natchez is actively working to revitalize its surroundings to ensure a brighter future for Natchez through current legacy projects, as well as through the economic development opportunities Tricentennial celebrations present.
- Natchez Bluffs revitalization, including restoration of the historic Yazoo & Mississippi Valley Railroad Depot, potentially including the construction of the railroad pavilion for a farmers’ market and development of community gardens.
- Utility Clutter Cleanup led by Entergy Mississippi.
- Constructing 100 safe and affordable homes on historic St. Catherine, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., and Franklin Streets.
- Completion of the Natchez Trails expansion to St. Catherine Street and the Forks of the Road historic site.
- Revitalization of historic Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Street.
- Partnering with the Natchez-Adams County School District and private schools to make Natchez’s history relevant and meaningful for students K-12.
- Permanent commemorative marker(s) for 300th anniversary.